Team foundation : Area and iteration

I write this entry because I don't know the best way to use area and iteration in Team Foundation.

Area

For the area, there is no problem, nearly everyone says that an area is a part of the project, a component for sample a project's areas into a project can be the UI, a webservice with sub areas.
There is an article on msdn blog about when to use Team project and area "When to use Team Projects"

Iteration

For the iterations I have read 2 solutions, one is that each iteration is a version of project so V1.0, V1.1, ...

The other solution is that the iteration is analyze, development, test, demo, release, ...

I found an idea on this post "My 2 cents on Areas and Iterations in Team Foundation Server" to combine the 2 as this :

\Project
  \V 1.0
     \dev
     \test
     \demo
  \V 2.0
     \dev
     \test
     \demo







0 comments:

Post a Comment